Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another PK Review

I know, I know, most of you are all tired of reading reviews for our favorite Playful Kiss specially if sometimes the reviewer don't seem to see eye to eye with our opinions. But please bear with me my dearest Minnies, HyunMins, Hyunnies and PKissers.

I do post this reviews for us to be reminded that even though Playful Kiss (the series) didn't reach higher ground in terms of ratings but one thing I am sure of Playful Kiss did touch us in one way or another. And for me, that is what matters most.

Below is the excerpt of EnDoDo4ever!

Playful Kiss
The Leads did really carry the Drama!
Love them Much!


I’m almost embarrassed, but proud to admit that I’m a PKisser, having stalked the internet daily for over eight weeks for recaps and news of Playful Kiss. Never before did I join online forums or threads until this drama came along. What’s interesting is that this drama should have come and left quietly, yet it sparked a tremendous online fandom as well as a few controversies. It’s a flawed drama with monkey editors that were probably half-awake on their jobs, and a writer that opted for the slow train instead of the speed rail. Despite its flaws, I still think about the wonderful online camaraderie this little drama brought, and the hours I put into writing analyses on the characters in discussion threads.
I love this scene in PK!
So simple yet meaningful!
This drama sometimes irked me and had me biting on my fingernails; I wasn’t always satisfied with the way the plot unfolded. I did find myself often defending Oh Ha Ni, who was brought alive by the up-and-coming actress Jung So Min. I recently rewatched one of the YouTube webisodes, and was reminded of why this drama eventually grew on me. Oh Ha Ni and Baek Seung Jo were one of the highlighted couples of 2010. Never mind the fact that the latter was often robot-like in his actions, quite different from most K-drama men.  I loved the character of Ha Ni because she was the one who chased and fought for this relationship, to the distaste of some viewers. Perhaps her fervent adoration for a boy came off as annoying to some, especially when her love interest was coldly indifferent to her for half the series, but this was the aspect of Ha Ni I liked the most. I’m probably not alone when I say that Oh Ha Ni reminded me of my younger self, which is why many viewers have called Playful Kiss a drama that brings slices-of-life through its characters.
Even when I got annoyed at Ha Ni for trying to find her identity through Baek Seung Jo in some of the episodes, where she seemed to find herself only when she was with him, half of the time, the reason for my annoyance was because of some similar personal experience. The only other characters I found interesting were the Baek family, who never failed to put a smile on my face.
Playful Kiss is one of the reasons to smile!
Now that this year is over, it’s safe to say that PK was one drama I vehemently ranted about in both Real Life and in the online world. It was a drama that brought me out of lurk mode, and for that, I’m forever grateful.

Way to go Endodo4ever!! I personally know what Endodo4ever is talking about when she mentioned that PK brought out the lurk mode because that was the very thing that did happened to me. PK made me do things that I never thought I would but I'm so glad that I did because if there's no PK, I'm not currently writing for this blog. I have never met wonderful people and I would not love Jung So Min and Kim Hyun Joong as I did today.
I will always say my THANK YOU to Playful Kiss. I will always owe you one!

credit: endodo44 of http://endodo4ever.wordpress.com/, mbc, dscs.uueasy.com

 

4 comments:

  1. Me too! because of playful kiss, I started to love jung so min which is i never thought that I'm a good person enough since I only want hyunjoong to be my daily vitamin and hate any girls who link to him. But because of this drama, my POV was changed. I'm deep in love with hyunmin and it hurts me a lot when one of them ignore to each other. They make me crazy lurking of different sites and reading all positive comments. I'm very happy if i watch fanvid with so many spazzes. If they are fated to each other. I promise to myself that I will go to Korea and witness their wedding haha. But if they are not meant to each other, i will only say goodbye to my best couple ever but i will still love and support them whatever the path they will take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jeankaycee! I recognize you from AKP. :D

    Interesting blog! Thanks for reposting my review but my username's endodo4ever, not endodo44. But I don't care how you call me either way. I'm sure you've seen my username numerous times anyway. Teehee. :] Happy blogging! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @endodo4ever: thank you for this review! i love it!!!!!!!! and thank also to Jeankaycee for the efforts to find hyunmin's related news for our benefits weeeeh


    agree with you anoni 12:05. i've also known jsm because of khj & pk. same with you, i don't like any girl paired to him. all i want is him haha but so min came along and i hook her thru oh hani's character which was perfect to me and adding some beauty points for her that she is down to earth girl though she grown up from a wealthy family. we find rare in this world this kind of girl. i love khj during wgm and bof days and i love him more in pk with my princess minmin. wish them the best this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @endodo4ever, my apologies for getting your name wrong! and yes i did recognize you from AKP that's why i did post your PK review. just wanted to say i did have fun flooding the PK thread in AKP, just bit busy these days that's why im not giving comments in AKP but i still stalk it like a hawk.

    when, things settle in, i will surely be back so i hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete